The safety of our residents is a priority above all. Our establishments are built in concrete and therefore incombustible.
The following statement is proof of our importance:
“The safety of our residents first and foremost. ”
For the protection of our residents, services and devices found in our Residences:
- Call bells: in each unit (apartment or room) alert staff in an emergency and in need of immediate assistance.
- Communication system: allows residents to ask for help.
- Smoke detectors and sprinklers: smoke and sprinkler detectors, sprinkler systems, extinguishers, and fire doors, all in accordance with the standards of the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (R.B.Q.).
- Warning panel: the latest technology, equipped with a communication system linked directly to the municipal fire department, which in case of emergency, allows a sound control and a faster intervention of firefighters.
- Evacuation plan: emergency evacuation procedure, a copy of which can be found on each floor near the elevators.
- CHSLD care units: safe units, access code to exit.
- Insurance: We pay the cost of liability insurance, but each resident must pay the cost of insurance for their personal property.